So I wrote this last week, I think Wednesday... A little late posting it.
So most definitely, I should be studying right now. But I'm going to be heading up to campus shortly anyway, so why not make the most of my time and be productive and blog instead of just mindlessly surfing the internet.
So life, as we know it.... is pretty dang good. I mean there are some part of it I'd like to get rid of. Like hours of studying, classes that make me sleepy, and exams, dreadful exams. So mostly school. Which is funny, because I somewhat like school. School is who or what I've been for the last 17 years. I mean those who know me, can you picture me with a textbook and calculator in hand?! Okay, so I'm not that nerdy, school has just been my focus for the vast majority of my life. But I got thinking today.... life without school this summer was quite enjoyable.
I came to this conclusion.... dating an engineer... good thing I am one. We are super duper busy. Between my classes, Matt's classes, my labs, Matt's lab, my meetings, Matt's meetings, and everything in between, I am surprised we get to spend time together. Granted, I enjoy the small amounts of time we get together, like lunch in the study room, while some studying for the GRE tries to occur. So as I sat in class today, fervently taking notes (really I took two pages) I turned to Matt and said "Let's go back to the summer when nothing was required of us after we left work." (Okay so those aren't my exact words, but it was around that)
Well luckily, we might get a taste of the sweet life of summer this week. It's homecoming! Yippee! And guess what, I have dates lined up the rest of the week. Woot Woot! (Note: All of them are with Matt) Something to look forward too, and give me motivation to get my studying done early. One great thing about this year so far. I have yet to spend a complete Saturday on campus.... actually to think of it, I have yet to study on campus on a Saturday. Quite a feat for four weeks into the semester. And good news. I have no plans of going there anytime soon (On a Saturday of course) It's kind of refreshing to finally have my Saturdays back to me this semester. It's finally the weekend.
Okay, so this post is totally random. I feel like I am just rambling on and on.... so hopefully all this makes sense....

No comments:
Post a Comment