Yup, LIFE. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's bad. But you can't really know the good or how good the good really is unless you have had the bad. And let's just say that LIFE has had a little bit of both for the last two months. But this blog isn't for me to vent about the bad, (that's what pen and paper are for) it's for me to share delightful things with you so that if you are having one of those bad LIFE days, you can be uplifted. So instead of taking forever to catch up by only delighting in one thing a day.... Today, we are going to delight in a whole bunch of things!!!
1. IWA (Institute Women's Association) This most definitely has to make it to the list, and the top of the list for that matter. There are just so many things to delight in. For one, our theme this year is "My Soul Delighteth..." It somewhat was the inspiration for the title of this blog. I just love the girls and leaders in IWA. They are so amazing and so unique and together we can conquer anything we are asked to do. All of the girls and leaders are so busy yet make time for this. They volunteer all their time. I just absolutely LOVE IT!!! A specific example, our President adviser knew how stressed we were this week and wanted to invite us to dinner, but knew we would be studying. So she made up sack lunches of BBQ sandwiches and all the works to take home for two meals! She is so amazing. Seriously, when I grow up I want to be just like her. And along with that. The girls knew I was way busy the next couple weeks with midterms, a final and the HUGE exam I have to pass to graduate, that someone left a meal in my box wishing me good luck studying, and it was anonymous. Seriously so sweet. So if you are close to an Institute of Religion, you should definitely join IWA. It makes LIFE so much better.
2. IWA Women's Conference. Yes, it was THAT good that it gets it's on number. Sister Ardeth Greene Kapp came and spoke to us and let's just say that I delighted in every word that she said. The day before Women's Conference had been one of the bad LIFE days; but everything that Sister Kapp said but it into perspective and was exactly what I needed to hear. I loved it!!! (See #1) It was just an uplifting time.
3. Roommates I know what you are thinking, is this girl serious. I mean I know you hear all the horror stories of roommates, and yes I have experienced them. But this year is different. My roommates and I get along so well. It's so fun to just stay up and talk to them all night. And what's fun is my one roommate just sat in front of me last year during a class and now were roommates and want to be next summer!!! It's seriously been a blessing. Plus... along with this... we actually semi decorated our apartment this year so it's more of a home and not this sterile white box that we are forced to live in for the school year. Plus... they are very nice to listen to me vent, mostly about boys, which I am so thankful for.
4. Piano So I have always enjoyed playing the piano, but I feel like that was renewed this month. I had the chance to listen to Dueling Pianos at Poetry and a Beverage on campus this month. My friend was the headliner. I knew he played, but I didn't knew HE PLAYS!!! oh man... FABULOUS! so Great! I seriously fell in love all over again. There is just something about a man who can play the piano, and I mean really play the piano. I consider myself a pianist, but I am a church pianist. My friend is a musician, a true full-fledge pianist. He really feels the music and gets into it. What's so delightful about this, is that my friend and I played a duet the next day after the Dueling Pianos. I completely understood him so much better after seeing him perform. Our duet rocked! I know that's hard to think seeing it was a church hymn. But it was loud and powerful.
*Here's a clip of PoBev
5. Big Bang Theory It's a TV show, not the theory that you learn about in Biology class. lol. This show is hilarious, espeicailly if you have any amount of nerdiness about you, in which I have a lot! My roommates and I finished the second season in about a month. We would just sit and watch for hours. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out. Warning: Most people either like it or don't. But you should love it. It's about awkardness of nerds and geeks and the beautiful girl next door. You're hooked aren't you!?!
6. MLIA (My Life is Average) A interesting website that people post average things that happen to them. I delight in reading them while waiting for the bus or when work is slow. But why this makes the list.... I was at school the other day and someone had posted the following MLIA in the bathroom! I have now been apart of something that could make it to mylifeisaverage.com..... Once again, you should probably check it out.
Well I hope that your day has been some what more delightful!!!!

Love IWA, loved Women's Conference, love YOU! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I definitely have a soft spot for a guy that can really play the piano! ;)