Come listen to living prophets

Friday, February 25, 2011

Take A Risk


Okay, so I am slightly getting better at updating this.... maybe someday I will be great, but until then, we'll stick with inconsistency while life is busy.

So I was trying to think of something to delight in today that I haven't blogged about and that wouldn't bore you to tears.... kinda hard. I guess I am always thankful for the same things.  And I'll tell you right now.... since I started writing this post (not very long), I've changed the topic of my post a few times.... the title even changed. :) But I think I'll stick with this one.

Take A Risk

Yup, you read that right.  So, I am not the most adventurous person in the world.  I definitely have friends who take the title of risk takers. But I think that we all need to take risks every once in awhile.  I feel like I am getting better at this.  Even if it is with small things.  

Starting small.... so I have always felt that writing down how I am feeling is much easier than speaking it, especially when it comes to my emotions.  Well, my friend writes poetry and I decided to give it a try.  So I started writing last summer.  They weren't the best, but it's good to get your thoughts on paper.  Well I never let anyone read anything that I had written until last week. And I've let two.  Small risk, but it makes me feel totally vulnerable.  Opening up my thoughts to others to read.  But it's good. We have to share with others. So here goes another risk.... below is one of the more recent poems that I have written.  Small things lead to greater things.... Here I am going to share with all of you happy readers :)  This poem is about taking risks, trying a new path in life, not knowing where it is going to lead you.  But taking the risk all the same.

The Road
A road untraveled by just a few
One that's exciting and so very new
Unweathered by rain that came in the past
Maybe one traveled as this, the last
Stepping out into the dark unknown
This the path to which it was blown
To take a first step is just the start
Someday to find this, the part

Risks are definitely scary, at least for me.  Putting myself out there, making myself vulnerable whether it is putting your heart on the line or trying something new.  But a wise institute teacher told me that is what you have to do sometimes.  Become vulnerable, and then you will learn from the experience.  He told me it didn't matter if the situation ended up the best, but I would learn from the experience and grow helping me in my future.  So here is to delighting in taking risks.  I challenge all of you to start small and watch it grow making you a stronger and more confident person.  


No comments:

Post a Comment