Come listen to living prophets

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You've Got Mail


So growing up, I never really had a "REAL" mailbox.  It was either a mailbox in a community place, aka not by my house, or a little box with a key.  One day during my freshman year while strolling through Lowe's, (Yes I did just stroll through Lowe's, I don't think we bought anything. (Fun date idea) )  I decided that I wanted to live somewhere where I could have a "REAL" mailbox.  Of course, the one I liked was the most expensive.  Well guess what.... It came true. 
I now have one, and today I used it for the first time.  


I put my two little envelopes in, closed the door and put the red flag up! Oh man. It was exciting. And what's funny. You know what came to my mind when I did this.  The mailbox scene from "The Lake House"


Sadly, when I put the flag up. It didn't magically go down, and there wasn't a letter from someone in the past. But anywho, it was still a delightful part of my day!  Hopefully someday there will be something for me in the little mailbox of mine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment