Come listen to living prophets

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nationals or Bust!

okay.... so it's been awhile. Life was busy. I know, it's summer, how can it be busy. Well, let me tell you. This last week I went to Nationals! Woot Woot! So excititing. Nationals for what you ask? I went to ASCE National Concrete Canoe Competition in Evansville, Indiana! Yes, I did compete and race in a concrete canoe that I helped make. (In case you forgot or are new Read Me!)

Since writing EVERYTHING that happened this weekend, I'll give some delightful highlights.

New States: I have now been to Texas (in the airport, but I do have a shirt) and Indiana. Let's just say both are very HOT and very HUMID

Fireflies: Oh my goodness, the coolest little bugs ever. The song "Fireflies" by Owl City, so much better now.

My Team: So amazing. We did awesome for our first time at Nationals. It was a blast. We placed 16th out of 23, 21 which were returning teams. We placed 10th in presentations and also took home Honorable Mention for Spirit of Competition. Oh man. So much fun. Great to see all our hard work worth it.

After finishing Women's Endurance Race

My Concrete Canoe Team

Chacos: okay, so I probably once said that I would never wear or own chacos. Well I did and I do. But let me say, so glad I had them. Made canoeing much better than sogging tennis shoes. Also, great thing, I have a mini chaco tan line! Pretty good for just a couple days and lots of rain. So its a start.

My Family: My parents flew out to see me. Made me SO SO happy! I am so glad that I got to see them. I love them so much and miss them. I am so thankful they came out. They were a great support, ringing cow bells and cheering us on the whole way.

Well, that's a "Brief" summary of my trip to Indiana. I know I'm missing tons, but tried to hit the delightful highlights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment