Come listen to living prophets

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dîner - Darkë - Cinio - Cena


Dinner, it's something that everyone eats, well at least you are supposed. It's the last meal of the day. The big one. The fancy one that mom cooks on Sunday.  The family one that you eat on special holidays. The one the guy feeds you on a date.  Definitely a great part of the day.  Well, being a college student, I don't always have the most time to cook.  I mean, I spend almost all day, literally, on campus, and who really wants to come home and cook a semi-fancy dinner for just yourself.  It's not always the thing you are feeling like, "hey this would be fun." Don't worry, I've been enlightened, and my roommate would be so proud.

I have always felt that it is easier to cook when I am cooking for more than just myself. So, I actually enjoying cooking and having others for dinner.  And I had this chance quite frequently lately.  And another thing, it makes me feel more like a homemaker just a little bit, especially when I wear my apron. :) Don't want to get ingredients all over me, you know. 

So inside scoop on some deliciousness that I've made or helped make this week. 

Chicken Enchiladas: Yummy! Great recipe from an former roommate. So easy to make and taste delicious, even as leftovers. This was great because we had them for lunch the next day.

Chicken Pot Pie: Yes, homemade chicken pot pie. I knew I had chicken at home, so I did a little Googling and this is what I came up with with what I had at home.  I attempted to even make homemade biscuits, those were kinda a fail, they tasted pretty good, but didn't rise. Luckily, I had time to run to the store and buy some Pillsbury biscuits and those tasted so Yummy!

French Toast: Okay, clarification, I mostly just watched on this one. But I was there, moral support. But there's a twist to this one. So we didn't have any syrup so we put peanut butter and jelly on top of our French Toast. So pretty much we had French PB&J's for dinner. 

Tacos: This one wins I think. Again, I was more of the help, Chopping veggies and what not.  But this one was way fun too. We went to the grocery store (I was out of all kinds of meat, and we need our protein) so it was spontaneous what we were going to have. We let me tell you, these tacos were so good.  Oh man, I was so full afterwards; I decided I needed more because they were so good! And best part again.... we had them again for lunch.  So takes the worry out of another meal when you have leftover.

Well that's all, but hopefully there's more cookin' in the kitchen coming.  I really enjoy this actually cooking, and putting effort into what I am going to eat.  It's much more exciting then coming home, rummaging through my cabinets trying to find something edible. Plus, I'm sure my mom is happy that I am eating better :)

I hope that you get to delight in some deliciousness real soon. And if you want any of the recipes, just let me know. I'm more than willing to share. Until next time :D

PS. In case you are wondering what the title of the post is, it's dinner in the following languages: French, Albanian, Welsh, and Spanish 

No comments:

Post a Comment